FLYER offers two warranty options:
- FLYER Plus Warranty- free online registration
Register your FLYER eBike within 12 weeks of purchase. This free extended warranty covers;
- 5-years for frame failure
- 2-years for components and electronics
- 2-years for battery (residual capacity of at least 60% after two years or 500 full cycle charges, depending on what is reached first; provided that that battery has been operated and charged in accordance with the instruction manual)
2. FLYER Premium Warranty- for EUR 190
Register your FLYER eBike within 12 weeks of purchase. For just EUR 190 you get;
- 5-years for frame failure
- 4-years, or 12,000 km (7,456 miles), whichever comes first, for components and electronics
- 4-years for battery (residual capacity of at least 60% after two years or 1000 full cycle charges, depending on what is reached first; provided that that battery has been operated and charged in accordance with the instruction manual)
Register your FLYER eBike for either warranty service here.
General Warranty Conditions
- End customer must submit claims under the warranty to an authorized FLYER dealer with the purchase receipt or other conclusive proof of purchase immediately after the emergency of a defect.
- Before providing services under the warranty, we shall verify the existence of a warranty claim with help from one of FLYER’s authorized dealers. This can take no longer than 20 working days.
- Services under the warranty shall be provided at FLYER’s discretion, either by repairing the defective part or supplying a replacement. Replaced parts will be sent back to FLYER.
- The warranty shall be void if the maintenance intervals specified in FLYER’s operating instructions are not observed or maintenance is not carried out properly. As a basic principle, FLYER assumes that maintenance services are performed by an authorized dealer and therefore done correctly. Services under warranty are also excluded in the following cases:
- The warranty cover excludes negligible deviations from the stipulated quality that do not affect the usability of FLYER eBikes, any damage caused by normal wear and tear (i.e. scratches on the frame), wearing parts, and batteries, unless specified otherwise above.
- Services shall not be provided under the warranty if the defect is caused by improper use, for example, overcharging or inadequate or missed maintenance.
- The warranty also excludes damage caused by repairs, adjustments, modifications, or other procedures that were not done by an authorized FLYER dealer.
- The warranty excludes accidental damage or verifiably caused by a third party (i.e. vandalism), fire, or frost.
- Services carried out by an authorized dealer do not constitute services under the warranty. This also applies to travel expenses, third-party services, overtime expenses, manufacturing costs, hire of special equipment and testing devices, costs that would also be incurred during normal maintenance, and any claims for other damage caused outside of the eBike, unless liability is required by law.
5. Carrying out services under the warranty shall not extend the warranty period or initiate a new warranty period. The warranty period for replacement parts shall end when the warranty period for the original FLYER bike expires.
6. Claims arising from this agreement shall not affect the seller’s obligation to provide a warranty.